As I sit here munching on my freshly baked Zoo Sticks and listening to my fave tunes… I reflect back on my childhood days dining with my family at White Spot. We would order Zoo Sticks and Legendary Burgers with that signature sauce. Oh those “good ol days,” where family was around 24/7 and food was always prepared for you! Nowadays, we must make plans to see each other and I’ve got to cook for myself (though I don’t mind that at all!). Back then, the only green thing you can get me to eat is Zoo Sticks because it was deep fried and breaded! Lol. Now I crave greens ALL THE TIME! Can’t live without it!
If you need some convincing as to why you should try this recipe, here’s a few things about zucchini that benefits your health:
- Is anti-inflammatory which promotes better health and helps ward off diseases
- Supports immune health as it is a high source of antioxidants and Vitamin C
- Improves digestion as it is hydrating and provides essential electrolytes
- Promotes healthy eyesight as it is loaded with phytonutrients lutein and zeaxanthin
- Boosts energy, mood and brain health as it is high in B-vitamins
- Can aid in weight loss as it is low in calories and high in fiber
- Supports heart health as it is a good source of potassium which help control blood pressure
To make it even more nutritious… I have added nutritional yeast and Now Rawsome! One teaspoon of Rawsome is a source of 7 essential nutrients including vitamins and minerals, omega-3s, plus antioxidants from 10 different whole seeds, fruits and vegetables. You can’t go wrong with this recipe! It’s delicious, nutritious, super easy and kid-friendly! The only warning I can give is it may cause nostalgia. Now onto the recipe!!!
- 2 organic zucchini, batonnet (french fry size)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 Tbsp Now Rawsome Whole Food Meal
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper
- Chop the zucchini into french fry size pieces (batonnet), the thinner you cut it, the crispier it will get in the oven. Set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a square pyrex or a pie dish to make the breading.
- Place the avocado oil in a mixing bowl and add the zucchini. Toss until all the zucchini is covered in oil.
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the breading until most of it is covered. For those missed spots, sprinkle a bit of breading and pat it down to stick to the zucchini.
- Place onto the prepared baking tray and continue until all zucchinis have been breaded.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy. Best eaten fresh out of the oven as they will get soft.
- Eat & Enjoy on its own with ketchup or chipotle may or use as a side dish.
- Reheat any leftovers at 350°F for 5-7 minutes and enjoy right away!
♥ Why Use NOW Rawsome?
It is a versatile whole food concentrate that can be easily added to a wide variety of foods: oatmeals, yogurts, smoothies, salads, sandwiches, soups, baked goods, etc. The sky’s the limit! Ingredients are simply the following: organic sprouted whole flax seed meal, organic hemp seed meal, organic sprouted whole chia seed meal and whole food dried fruit and vegetable concentrate (apple, orange, tomato, cranberry, broccoli, carrot, shiitake mushroom).
Each of the seed they use is sprouted, dried, and milled in order to decrease anti-nutrients that block mineral absorption and to increase nutritional content and bioavailability.
Like mentioned above, just one teaspoon enhances the nutritional value of any dish.
Here’s the breakdown of the content of each teaspoon (5g serving):
- 1g Omega-3 fatty acids (ALA, EPA & DHA)
- 2g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 35% Daily Value (DV) Vitamin A
- 50% DV Vitamin B6
- 45% DV Vitamin C
- 90% DV Vitamin D
- 90% DV Vitamin E
- 2% DV Calcium
- 2% DV Iron
- 45% DV Thiamine
It has only 25 calories per serving and is non-GMO, organic, low sodium, raw, gluten-free and sugar-free!
It really is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
Happy Nutritious Snacking!! 🙂
Using instagram? Tag #cookalabella on your posts so I can see your beautiful creations and like it!