What comes to mind when you hear Matcha? I automatically think “green” and those green Japanese Kit Kat bars. Lol. I wasn’t a big fan of matcha until two years ago when I tried it again. My palate has changed over the years as I ate more and more greens and vegetables. I suggest you don’t give up on certain foods and keep trying foods you don’t like even at least once a year! You never know, you could be as surprised as I am to find foods you didn’t enjoy as a kid to be quite delicious now as an adult. It’s like a new adventure happening in my mouth! I now like matcha and other foods such as olives, pickles and bell peppers. I get to create new things with these foods that I am just starting to love.
So why do I love matcha??? First of all it tastes delicious as a latte, in a smoothie and now in a chia pudding! (I’m a bit obsessed!) Second, it has energy boosting properties that help me start my day! Third, it helps with mental clarity as it has L-theanine (an amino acid that helps calm the mind). Moreover, it has a compound called EGCG (epigallocathechin gallate) which helps boost metabolism!
Matcha is delicious and nutritious! Added with healthy fats like coconut and avocado and fiber and omegas from chia, you’ve got yourself one powerhouse breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp Organic Traditions Matcha Latte
- 1 Tbsp organic honey
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 can coconut cream, liquid separated
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Toasted Coconut Flakes (optional)
- Except for the chia seeds, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stream in chia seeds while continuously stirring. Pour into containers and let set in the fridge. Should plump up within 15-30 minutes. Garnish with Coconut Chantilly and Toasted Coconut Flakes if desired. Enjoy!
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour over top of chia pudding and let set.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Bake at 350F for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and use as a garnish on top of chia puddings, oatmeals, smoothies, etc.
- - Any non-dairy milk (rice, hemp, soy, sweet potato, coconut, etc.) can be used instead of almond milk
- - 1 tablespoon of My Matcha Life's Organic Ceremonial Matcha can be used in place of the Matcha Latte Mix
- - Maple Syrup and Honey can be used interchangeably. I just find that matcha tastes better with honey and the coconut chantilly tastes better with maple syrup.
Take care of yourself and the world around you!
Happy Earth Day!! 🙂🌎
Using instagram? Tag #cookalabella on your posts so I can see your beautiful creations and like it!