I first stumbled upon this pudding recipe while looking for breakfast ideas that I could have while on the Whole30 Challenge. It’s been three weeks and I am still obsessed with this Banana Chia Pudding! One recipe last me for about week. It’s great for breakfast or as a quick snack.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- (almond, coconut, hemp)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- In a blender or a food processor, blend banana, non-dairy milk and salt until smooth and creamy. Stir in chia seeds by hand. Let sit in the fridge for an hour or overnight to let the chia seeds plump up. Top or layer with your favourite fruits and/or nuts.
- Base Recipe (w/almond milk) + 1 tsp organic vanilla extract, 1 tbsp honey
- Base Recipe (w/1 cup coconut milk + ½ cup filtered water) + ¼ tsp cinnamon, 3 fresh pitted dates
- Base Recipe (w/ hemp milk) + 1 tsp Cara Cara Orange Zest (or just plain orange zest)
- Base Recipe + 2 tbsp Cacao Chocolate with 1 tbsp maple syrup
- These are just ideas, mix and match to your liking! Enjoy! ☺
- Ratio for chia seeds to liquid is 3 tablespoons per 1 cup.
- If you find the pudding to be too thick, add more milk or water to adjust the consistency to your liking.
- I don’t like too much coconut flavour so I usually dilute coconut milk with filtered water.
- If using dry dates, soak in 1/4 cup of warm water until softened (about 5-15 minutes) prior to adding. Add in the soaking water for maximum date flavour.
- Salt brings all the flavours together and gives this pudding that extra pop of flavour! A pinch goes a long way.
Flavour Pairings for Garnishing
- Maple Syrup, Vanilla, Pears or Apples and Pecans
- Berries and Sliced Almonds
- Cacao Powder, Strawberries and Bananas
These are just my favourite fruits and nuts. The possibilities are endless!
Find the flavour pairings you enjoy and try it out!