Because everyone seems to have their own energy balls recipe, I decided to make my own! I have an obsession with balls, all kinds of them! Lol. I love rolling meatballs, broccoli zucchini balls and now chocolate balls! There’s a simple explanation to my ball obsession – it brings me fond memories of rolling all sorts of foods into balls with my grandmother. At a young age, my grandma would always call me into the kitchen when its time to roll meatballs or any other food that’s rolled into balls. It was just our thing. She is no longer alive but every time I roll anything into balls, it gives me happy memories of my childhood and being in the kitchen with my grandma.
I hope you like these Bella Choco-Balls as much as I do! May you create fond memories rolling them with your loved ones this Christmas.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp organic honey
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Blend almonds and cashews in a food processor. Process until the nuts are crumbly, about the same size as hemp hearts.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the food processor. Blend until everything is well incorporated.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Keep them plain or roll in hemp seeds, shredded coconuts or raw cacao.
- For more protein, add 2 tablespoons of your fave protein powder!
- These would keep for up to two weeks in the fridge.
- 1 1/2 cup of medjool dates is approximately 20 medjool dates.
- These can also be shaped into bars and be energy bars! I just like balls 😛
- Happy Snacking! 🙂
Using instagram? Tag #cookalabella on your posts so I can see your beautiful creations and like it! 🙂