I am a total fudge lover. I haven’t had them in awhile because I wasn’t sure how to make them healthier. One of my co-workers told me about nut fudge so I looked into it and ended up with this recipe. It’s a great alternative for those who want fudge but don’t want to eat refined sugar. The only downside is having to keep it in the freezer, otherwise it melts into a big goopy mess. Besides that, it’s quite delicious and super easy to make!
Did you know that coconut oil is medium-chain triglyceride which aids in metabolism? Raw cacao does too! Healthy eating isn’t about getting rid of fat in our diets or taking away sweet treats, it’s all about eating real food! Much of the food sold in grocery stores have real food pictures on their packages but what’s inside barely resembles food. So the next time you’re out grocery shopping, read your labels! Read the ingredients list and see just how many ingredients you don’t even recognize. If you don’t know what it is, why would you want to put it in your body? Just food for thought from a girl who wants to educate the world that healthy eating is delicious! Hope you like this recipe as much as my sister and I do! 🙂
Nut Butter Fudge
Write a review
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup almond cashew butter
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Line an 8 by 8 inch square pan or pyrex with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, place the melted coconut oil. Whisk in cacao and honey until everything is incorporated well. Add in the almonds and stir. Pour over the prepared square pan. Smooth over with an offset spatula. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix all of the top layer ingredients well. Once the chocolate bottom layer has hardened, pour the nut mixture on top of the chocolate layer. Smooth over with an offset spatula. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes prior to cutting. One hour would be the best.
- Once hardened, cut into 2-inch squares and enjoy!
- Keep in the freezer until ready to eat or it will melt into a big delicious goopy mess.
- - Cocoa powder instead of raw cacao
- - Any nut butters instead of almond cashew butter
- - Maple syrup can be used in place of honey
The Bella Life https://thebellalife.ca/
HAPPY EATING!! ?
Using instagram? Tag #cookalabella on your posts so I can see your beautiful creations and like it!