Water is the primary component of all bodily fluids such as our blood, lymph, digestive juices, urine, tears and sweat. It helps digest food, eliminate wastes, transport oxygen, glucose and fat to our muscles, and regulate body temperature. Since our bodies are made up of approximately 60% water, we need to constantly replenish our bodies with water for proper bodily functions.
♥ TOP 7 HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER
1. Maintain the Body’s Fluid Balance – the functions of bodily fluids are circulation, digestion, absorption, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients and regulating body temperature. When we drink enough water, we help our bodies do what they are designed to do!
2. Helps the Body Detoxify – water is needed for proper function of our digestive system. We flush out wastes through urine and sweat. When we are dehydrated, our bodies cannot flush out wastes to the best of its ability. Wastes can then build up in our body and cause a myriad of problems.
3. Helps Control Calorie Intake – drinking water can help us feel full which leads to less calorie consumption. Staying hydrated may also prevent us from drinking other calorie-laden beverages. It could also serve as an appetite suppressant and aid in weight loss. Some current studies are now showing that water may help increase our metabolism.
4. Enhances Mood and Prevents Headaches – dehydration can cause headaches, confusion and make us cranky. Drinking more water can help us think clearer and make us less grumpy.
5. Helps Increase Energy Levels – one of the main symptoms of dehydration is tiredness. Dehydration can lead to weakness, fatigue, dizziness and electrolyte imbalance. Drinking water adds fluid to our colon which helps reabsorb water and electrolytes back into our body.
6. Fuels Muscle and Reduces Joint Pain – sweating causes muscles to lose water. When there’s less water in our muscles, it becomes sore and tired. Drinking water can reduce joint pain because it keeps the cartilage soft and hydrated.
7. Promotes Healthy Glowing Skin – drinking water can help flush out toxins that can cause skin to inflame, leading to clogged pores and acne. It could also help the skin regulate our body temperature through sweating.
“Water is fundamental to life. Without clean water,
we cannot experience optimal health.”
♥ HOW MUCH WATER DO I DRINK?
Water requirements varies from person to person depending on the climate in which they live, activity level, diet, physiological state, and body size.
In general, drink half your body weight in ounces. Here’s a calculation example for 130lb person: 130/2 = 65oz/8oz = 8 cups of water per day. (1 cup = 8oz)
Make sure to drink filtered water as much as possible as tap water may include toxins that can build up in our bodies. So this coming summer months, be sure to stay hydrated, quench your thirst and drink more water!
WATER IS FREE SO DRINK UP AND QUENCH YOUR THIRST!!!