When I was a kid, my siblings and I loved eating Nestle Crunch Bars. It was one of our favourites! Once I became a little bit heatlhier, I had to let it go! Why? It’s ingredients are as follows:
CHOCOLATE (SUGAR, CHOCOLATE, COCOA BUTTER, NONFAT MILK, MILKFAT, LACTOSE, SOY LECITHIN, NATURAL FLAVOR), CRISPED RICE (RICE FLOUR, SUGAR, BARLEY MALT, SALT). CONTAINS: MILK AND SOYINGREDIENTS.
All the things that make me itchy, bloated and moody. I’m sure I am not alone when it comes to food sensitivities.
So what is a girl with food sensitivities suppose to do? Create her own treats so she can indulge! YASSS!!
Go make this now! It is super EASY!
- 1 cup Organic Traditions Chocolate Coconut Crunch Sorghum Cereal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp hazelnut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of himalayan sea salt
- Except for the sorghum cereal, place all the ingredients in a small pot.
- Bring to medium high heat and whisk until smooth.
- Turn heat off and fold in sorghum cereal.
- Pour into moulds or a parchment lined baking tray.
- Put in the freezer and let set for 30-45 minutes.
- Unmould, eat and enjoy!
- Honey can be used instead of maple syrup.
- Any nut butters you prefer (peanut, almond, cashew, etc.) can be used in place of hazelnut butter.
- If using just a parchment lined baking tray, take out of freezer after 20-25 minutes and pre-cut before it hardens too much. It's easier to make nicer squares this way!
Thanks to Organic Traditions for making it even easier for me to create this delicious treat!
Ingredients: Crisped Sorghum Flakes*, Coconut Milk Powder*, Cacao Nibs*, Cacao Powder*, Shredded Coconut*, Dark Milled Chia Seeds*, Milled Flax Seeds*, Coconut Palm Sugar*, Gum Acacia*, Dehulled Hemp Seeds*, Nutty Flavour*, Chocolate Flavour*, Cinnamon Extract*, Sea Salt, Bacillus Coagulans *Organic Ingredients
This combination is packed with nutritious seeds (chia, flax & hemp) and nutrient dense superfoods! A great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, prebiotic and probiotics! It truly is a Symbiotic Superfood Cereal!
Go ahead… Treat Yo’Self! 😉
Happy Eating! 🙂
Using instagram? Tag #cookalabella on your posts so I can see your beautiful creations and like it!