Simple ingredients blended together with love creates a flavour explosion of happiness in your mouth! This is what I want you to experience every single time you create one of my recipes. With that in mind, I created one of my all time favourite snacks: Spinach & Artichoke Dip! I have been making this since highschool.
One of the first few restaurants I worked at was Milestones and their Spinach Artichoke Dip was one of my favourites. Over there, they just called it “Spin Dip.” Until this day, Milestones is one of my favourite chain restaurants, if I had to choose one.
I created this recipe for the vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free friends of mine. I am usually gluten-free & dairy-free as well. But lately, I have been eating a little bit of both and have found myself to feel alright. I guess I have eaten healthy long enough that my body knows what to do when these supposed “invaders” come inside my belly. Hehe.
I paired this with Oh My Yummies Kale Crackers because it is simply the best! (Learn why below). You can also pair it with your favourite bread, tortilla chips or even use as a sauce for fish, chicken or meat. The sky is the limit! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I gobbled it all up it no time.
- 1 cup organic raw cashews, soaked
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 1 box (5oz) Organic Girl Super Spinach!
- 1 jar (280g), whole artichokes
- 1 recipe cashew cream (shown above)
- 2 cloves Russian garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- To Taste Himalayan sea salt
- Soak one cup of raw organic cashews in 2 cups filtered water for an hour. If you forget to do it beforehand, you can simple put the water and cashews in a small pot, bring to a boil and turn off the heat. Leave the cashews in the pot for 15 minutes and it will soften up quickly!
- Once the cashews have been soaked. Strain and place in a blender or nutribullet.
- Add water and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once it comes to a roaring boil, add the whole box of super spinach to blanch.
- Turn heat off and stir to ensure all the greens have touched the hot water. Strain and quickly rinse with cold water to prevent the greens from turning into an ugly green colour. Blanching keeps the colour of the greens and also gets rid of extra oxalic acid to help in absorption.
- After you rinse the greens, squeeze out the excess water. You will end up with one medium sized ball of greens.
- In the food processor, add the super spinach ball, artichokes and garlic. Pulse until it's chunky.
- Add the cashew cream and pulse until just combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
- Season to taste with himalayan sea salt. Use black pepper if desired.
- Serve cold or warm with your favourite crackers, bread or tortilla chips.
- Enjoy! 🙂
♥ What’s so good about Oh My Yummies Kale Crackers?
Everything! The crunch, the taste, the nutrition! And if that doesn’t convince you enough to try it, here’s more reasons:
- Gluten-free, Corn-free, Rice-free
- Sugar-free, Oil-free, Nut-free
- Soy-free, Yeast-free
- Made in Canada
♥ If it’s free of all of the above, what’s in it?
The simplest ingredients!
- Buckwheat Kasha, Buckwheat Flour
- Sunflower & Sesame Seeds
- Flax Seeds & Powder
- Quinoa Seeds & Powder
- Kale Flakes
- Chia Seeds
- Sea Salt
I used the Kale flavour to go with this recipe but it also comes in Oregano and Rosemary flavours. Try all three!
Happy Eating! 🙂
Using instagram? Tag #cookalabella on your posts so I can see your beautiful creations and like it!