With the unfortunate COVID-19 upon us, now more than ever, we need to boost our immune health and take preventative measures whenever we can. I will be sharing more recipes to help you do just that! I love combining certain ingredients to enhance flavours and enrich nutrients. This smoothie may be super easy to make but it is packed with immune boosting properties outlined below!
♥ Immune Boosting Properties
- Coconut – contains lauric acid (a medium chained saturated fatty acid) that is known to have antimicrobial and anticancer properties. It helps the body fight infections caused by bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Mango – a good source of vitamin A, C, E and K. Together, these antioxidant vitamins help fight infections and free-radicals.
- Pineapple – packed with a variety of vitamins and nutrients and rich in vitamin C, pineapples are great for a healthy immune system and also helps with iron absorption.
- Bananas – contains resistant starch (a.k.a. prebiotic fiber) which helps feed our beneficial gut bacteria. With about seventy percent of our immune system residing in our guts, it’s good to not only consume probiotic rich foods but also prebiotic rich foods.
- Protein – vital for building and repairing body tissues and fighting viral and bacterial infections. A vegan source from beans and legumes work just as well as meat-based proteins.
- Spinach – are rich in vitamin C, beta carotene and antioxidants which can help fight off infections in the body.
- Lime – just like lemons and oranges, limes are high in vitamin C which are great for boosting the immune system!
Here’s a quick and easy green smoothie just for you in celebration of St. Patricks Day. Start your day right and drink your greens! ☘️
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp protein powder (I use Garden of Life Organic Raw Vanilla Powder)
- a handful of spinach
- a squeeze of lime juice
- a pinch of sea salt
- Place everything in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy!
Happy Drinking! 🙂
Using instagram? Tag #cookalabella on your posts so I can see your beautiful creations and like it!